ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue. In India, ABB has been operating for over a century.
ABB is looking for Associate R&D Engineer B.Tech./M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering with 0-2 yrs of experience for Vadodara location.
At present, ABB has 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where ABB’s engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions. Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain – serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers. Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Perform basic mechanical calculations like static, dynamic simulations in Ansys, Adams.
• Prepare drawing, tolerance calculation, and 3-D CAD design.
• Test object preparation, test document preparation, co-ordination with laboratory.
• Perform various test duties like seismic, mechanical endurance, temperature rise, short circuit testing etc.
• Should have knowledge on manufacturing technologies, material knowledge, surface treatment
• Collaboration with local and global R&D team, good communication skills and experience on various technical document preparation.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachler’s degree in B.Tech./M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 0 to 2 years of experience in Design, development & testing of Switchgears.
• Basic knowledge of electrical functionality of switchgear products.
• Basic knowledge of IEC standards and type testing of switchgear products.
• Hands-on experience in FEA tools.
• Hands-on experience of 3D model/PLM tool like Creo 2.0, PDM Link and SAP.
• Hands-on experience of drawing, BOM, GD&T.
• Manufacturing knowledge (casting, machining, sheet metal etc).