Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work –
Associate Engineer, Software Engineering
• Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Professional roles will typically require a degree in their specific discipline which may apply to specific positions.
• Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
• Limited decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• May perform one or more of the following:
• Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
• May develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, graphics modules, etc.
• Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
• Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications.
• Develops and installs programs to support general business applications running on PCs.
• Designs web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality; develops infrastructure and applications related to pages.
• May make hardware or software purchasing recommendations regarding web development.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1-4 Years’ Hands on Development Experience
Integrated Scrum Team Members are responsible for
Designing, programming, and validating new features and enhancements to platform software as defined by product owners and under the scrum process guidance of the team’s scrum master (note that much validation will be automated)
Acting as the subject matter expert for the features/functions/infrastructure they develop
Acting as a key contributor throughout the software development lifecycle.
Supporting the Agile and Scrum methodologies utilized by the Platform Development organization to maintain tight schedules and high quality code bases for all of the offerings that the organization supports.
Owning and practicing solid technical and process practices
Good communication skills
ASP.NET, SQL Server 2012 and above, C#, Spec flow, Unit Testing, Java script, jQuery, Web service, REST, MVC, Angular JS, Azure, .NET Core