Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals.
1. Processes one or more document types through all or a variety of procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines.
2. Performs data entry using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produce logs, transmittals, and other reports. Enters data and produces reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications.
3. Maintains a filing system and record copies of project or departmental documents, such as engineering design, procurement and supplier documents, manuals and procedures, communications, or any other department-specific materials.
4. Assembles information, such as status reports, for supervisor and other department or project personnel as requested.
5. Performs administrative duties for a supervisor or department head to aid in the various phases of daily activities, such as composing routine correspondence, gathering data for special studies or investigations, and coordinating activities.
6. Assists in developing, establishing, and implementing procedures for the flow of correspondence, including distribution of incoming and outgoing documents.
7. Maintains filing system for project or department documents, including documents such as correspondence, procedures, original drawings, material requisitions, data sheets, and varied electronic storage media.
8. Resolves minor software/hardware related computer problems within group, maintaining security and other database tables as needed.
9. Performs administrative duties to aid in various phases of daily activities, such as composing correspondence, gathering/analyzing data for reports, and coordinating project or department activities and requirements with appropriate service groups.
10. May prepare routine or preformatted documents, using standard word processing, spreadsheet, or other office software, as needed, to support work activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Good oral and written communication skills
2. Demonstrated ability in the use of standard word processing and office automation equipment
3. Ability to work under pressure and produce results
4. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail imperative
Must be adaptable and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and seniority levels