Turner Construction Company is an American construction company. It is one of the largest construction management companies in the United States of America, with a construction volume of $10 billion in 2014. It is a subsidiary of the German company Hochtief.
Safety Intern – Chicago, IL
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in implementation of Building L.I.F.E. and the project safety program under the direction of the Project Safety Manager or Superintendent.
• Assist Project Superintendent and BU Environmental Health & Safety Director in identifying and reporting any violation or unsafe practice where there is imminent danger to life or property.
• Assist in coordination of safety duties in such areas as safety committees, preplanning meetings and tool box meetings.
• Participate in training at safety meetings, tool box meetings and orientations.
• Assist in review of subcontractor safety programs for completeness and compliance with Turner’s policies.
• Assist in promoting safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and owner/contractual requirements.
• Participate in administration of a drug screening program (pre-employment, post-accident random and cause) that is consistent with Turner’s or Owner’s requirements.
• Assist Project Safety Manager and Superintendent in preconstruction meetings and conducting research as needed. Document those meetings under direction of supervision.
• Assist in conducting jobsite and work area inspections with the Project Safety Manager or Superintendent. Review with Superintendent for distribution to subcontractors and Business Unit Safety Director.
• Assist in maintaining safety records, including pre-task plans, Job Hazard Analyses, training records, tool box meetings, maintenance of the OSHA 300 log, maintenance of the MSDS and chemical inventory sheets, incident investigations and metrics.
• Assist in conducting effective worker orientation program for every new employee and administer and record their participation.
Qualifications: Working toward a four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of two (2) years of education and a basic knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques. Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs. Developing leadership characteristics and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
To Apply,Click here!
A dedicated career building knowledge platform for Freshers so that we can help the Fresh Graduates to get their first job