AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments
GIS Developer/Data Specialist
AECOM’s Geospatial & Data Services team is looking for an enthusiastic GIS Developer / Data Trainee to join our busy team of specialists in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
You’ll provide critical GIS input to delivering projects on time and budget, and be responsible for helping to develop new tools, databases and applications, as well as maintaining existing systems.
You will be paired with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor you as you start working on live projects. Your initial role will to assist with the completion of tasks such as:
• Data capture, management, analysis and validation
• Data conversion and integration
• Map production
• Spatial and 3D analysis
• Design and build spatial and non-spatial databases
• Use of coding, automation and technology to efficiently deliver workflows and provide innovation into projects
• Meeting with internal clients to determine GIS requirements
You’ll be innovative and creative with strong interpersonal communication skills, and you’ll be comfortable working independently and as part of an interdisciplinary multi-cultural team.
Although you’ll be based in Basingstoke, you may occasionally work from other AECOM or client offices depending on project requirements.
• Level 4 in computer programming
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
• Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
• General GIS analysis
• Provide dynamic and innovative solutions
• GIS degree or a related field (relevant MSc is desirable) or a degree in Computer Science with a GIS background