Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington. Amazon focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.
Software Development Engineer
You will be helping us evolve AbeBooks’ client-facing product and server-side systems. You’re an engineer with experience in designing, developing, and supporting multiple software intensive systems. Freshers/New Graduates with relevant co-op experience are welcome. You will be successful if you:
· Have a strong sense of ownership and customer focus
· Care about code quality and readability
· Are comfortable working with data structures as much as discussing software development processes with your peers
· Get inspired by collecting product and system metrics, and by proposing improvements
· Persevere when troubleshooting build, deployment or live issues
· Take code review feedback gracefully and provide your feedback with abundance
· Love to see your code deployed, and want to see it happening more often
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or 1+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience with an object oriented programming language
· Experience working with AWS.
· Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Java: Experience and knowledge creating enterprise applications with automated builds, deployments, and operating domains.
· Java/Linux technology stack: Experience and knowledge of application servers, spring framework, the web tier and shell scripting.
· Automated Testing, Test-driven Development, debugging, troubleshooting, and optimizing code: advanced experience and knowledge
· Experience with any of the big data technology stack like Cascading, Spark, Scala, Solr/Lucene, Hadoop is a plus.