At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated workers thrive and where workers ownership leads to meaningful results.
Business Analyst – Luxembourg, Europe
After your application the first stage is an online video interview. After this, if successful, you will move through to the final stage, which is a panel interview with Amazonians. If necessary you may also have to complete a language test.
• Collecting, analyzing and coordinating quantitative data and creating meaningful reports/dashboards to define business improvement and cost reductions
• Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the business improve and creating new measures
• Recommending, developing, and implementing policies, processes and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its current position and profitability
• Establishing and maintaining accurate operating and business metrics
• Providing and communicating reporting and analysis to senior stakeholders
• Developing the right performance indicators and maintaining them at scale
• Working with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Handling complex priorities and providing level-headed guidance during ambiguous/unexpected events.
• Recent graduate from a degree in Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar discipline
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. macros, pivots, lookups, VBA)
• Intermediate proficiency in SQL or any other programming language
• Understanding and previous use of large-scale reporting/visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) • Fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience making recommendations and decisions based on complex analyses and data
• Measured demonstration of problem solving and root cause analysis
• Highly analytical, detail-oriented and professional business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a progressive, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.