Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Project Turnover Coordinator
1. Develops and recommends the construction engineering organization for approval by the Site Manager (or appropriate level of Project Management) and prepares employee requisitions.
2. Coordinates with engineering on constructability and design issues. Establishes a Design/Field Engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer including agreement on engineering deliverables. Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting.
3. Directs the design of temporary construction facilities as required.
4. Coordinates and monitors the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite.
5. Directs preparation of cost estimates for construction activities and coordinates the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports. Reviews and provides input to project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
6. Develops and ensures the implementation of the project construction procedures from the Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs). Coordinates any deviations from SWPPs.
7. Coordinates with the superintendents and subcontractors to plan construction schedules.
8. Directs the preparation of requisitions for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment. Approves requisitions as delegated by the Field Construction Manager. Reviews material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct materials.
9. Coordinates subcontract activities to ensure materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline,
Technical knowledge of all phases of construction engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling, and contract administration.
Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.