Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
A business analyst (BA) acts to bridge the gap between IT and business teams. BAs are responsible for engaging with business leaders to gather functional requirements and document processes. A BA is then responsible for conveying the functional requirements to developers, helping them determine the technical requirements for the work. A BA is also responsible for tracking, managing, and reporting on the progress of the requirements.
Business analyst (BA)
• Recording detailed functional requirements provided by business leaders.
• Documenting process flows.
• Translating functional requirements into technical requirements.
• Tracking the progress of the project requirements.
• Work with program/project managers, product owners, and other team members in providing clarity of requirements and how it relates to the business objectives.
• Obtain a strong functional understanding of business processes and systems.
o 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
o BA/BS in business, computer science, information technology, or another technical field.
o Advanced skills with MS Suite (particularly with Excel).
o Clear written and oral communication skills.
o Good listening skills.
o Experience operating in multiple SDLC methodologies, especially Agile.
o Knowledge of SQL.