Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Customer Engineering Internship Positions
- Investigates integration and installation problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as Installation Quality Assurance, OEM integration and product selection and tools such as Advisor, Cummins OnLine Specifications (COLS) and Global Customer Engineering (GCE) required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input and negotiates with Subject Matter Experts and Value Package Introduction (VPI) Teams and delivers product data and installation requirements to Application Engineers and OEMs.
- Makes decisions in the areas of product selection, design, and integration that impact OEM machine performance, optimization and quality.
- Develops strong working relationships with customer technical counterparts to serve as their primary liaison to deliver product technical information, manage product specifications, communicate product change information, conduct installation issue resolutions and facilitate customer requests.
- Applies in-depth product, application and market knowledge to support Original Equipment Manufacturer product selection and equipment design.
Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Major Programs Typically Considered:
All Engineering Majors
Cummins Internship program criteria :
Must be a full-time enrolled student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
Must be able to complete a minimum of 10 weeks commitment
Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
Willingness to learn from others on the job