Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
The students in these Co-op roles will improve their skills by balancing the priorities of multiple engineers and projects. Co-op students will collaborate with different departments in addition to their own, such as Manufacturing, Sales, Materials, and Management. Each student must also be willing to spend time in a production/manufacturing environment, conducting analytical work in a team environment. (Multiple Positions Available)
Co-op – Quality Engineering – Multiple Positions (Summer 2021 – May Start)
- Conduct product evaluation testing
- Assist with work instruction upgrades
- Conduct non-conforming product analysis
- Understand parts per Million (PPM) quality global supply base initiatives
- Assist with product flow improvements
- Conduct analysis of Field Returns – lab work with other engineers, manufacturing personnel, and Materials Lab
- Conduct manufacturing Audits – validate the process is in control
- One of Emerson’s core values is: Support our People.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate Student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Industrial Engineering.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during the scheduled semester.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Strongly prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore or higher class standing
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of MiniTab statistical applications
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing facility