Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook’s vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body.
Embedded Software Engineer
Support all phases of SoC development – including early architecture requirements definition for custom silicon, firmware architecture, implementation, simulation, FPGA debug, chip bringup and support systems and software teams on algorithm development on validated systems
End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in firmware
- Experience in software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as UART, SPI, CSI-2, i2c, GPIO, USB
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level