At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
Jr System Admin (Apps /OS/ DBA)
Responsibilities will include working directly with clients, and other IBM staff, supporting the client’s production, quality, development, and test environments including ERP, SRM, SCM, BI/BW, and Java solutions.
The applicant should have experience in troubleshooting system performance problems and delivering new installations. Must be able to provide system environments with uninterrupted stability. Exposure to SAP BASIS (desired) in a variety of Operating Systems (OS) and Database environments. Detail-oriented and focused on the overall client experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 1 or 2 years of experience in:
• Concepts of cloud hosting and applications running above the cloud
• Installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting of enterprise solutions/systems in and off the cloud
• Knowledge on the products ECC, BW, BI, EP, XI/PI, CRM, SRM, etc. (desired but not a must)
• Database administration concepts (Start/Stop, backup and restore, performance tuning and troubleshooting, over MSSQL, Oracle, DB2 and SYB preferable).
• Network troubleshooting concepts.
• OS administration/troubleshooting experience, Linux (required), Windows (required) and other relatives.
Exposure to SAP BASIS and Knowledge on the products ECC, BW, BI, EP, XI/PI, CRM, SRM, etc.