IBM International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York. It was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924.
Entry Level Supply Chain Engineering Professional: 2021
• Work closely with development, manufacturing, and project management teams to implement performance, quality and cost improvements. Work with project plans and timelines and communicate status to all stakeholders/partners.
• Seek out new and capable suppliers in support of product and business needs. Assess suppliers for their ability to fit IBM’s quality and business standards.
• Lead and support supplier audits by ensuring compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements.
• Have the drive and resilience to work towards tackling complex issues using structured problem solving techniques.
• Implement cost optimization techniques to meet cost reduction objectives across all commodities and brands.
• Implement technical improvements for product design, manufacturing engineering fulfillment, system test and supplier process issues using root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
• Opportunity to work on implementing leading edge data analytics tools, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality and blockchain technology to improve IBM’s supply chain.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Ability to travel globally to collaborate with key suppliers, IBM development and manufacturing fulfillment teams as required
– Excellent written/verbal communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills is desired
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in leading teams, resolving difficult technical and/or process problems
Experience in performing Quality Audits