John Deere, the leading manufacturer of agricultural, forestry, construction, lawn and grounds care equipment supported by comprehensive parts and financial services solutions. With around 73,500 employees worldwide, we generate total sales of $39 billion. Join us and be key in managing the biggest global challenge: supplying 7 billion people with food, clothing and infrastructure.
Software Engineer (Permanent Contract)
• Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions
• Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs
• Excellent communication skills (both in writing & verbal)
• Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment and to stay calm and focus while managing those multiple priorities
• High sense of responsibility and initiative
• Positive attitude
• Long term commitment to continuous learning and self-development
• Change Management and dealing with uncertainly, given that this position is to be part of a newly setup Scrum Team which is new and in the process of adoption Agile, transforming from traditional waterfall methodology
• Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience (4 years and +)
• Varied database experience (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL), data and infrastructure (Linux/Windows) management
• Experience with modern data structure design and data engineering
• Development, Design and Architecture – Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and ETL tools and technologies
• Excellent coding skills in Python
• Knowledge of API development (REST and/or GraphQL)
• Experience with CI/CD and TDD technologies (e.g. Github, Jenkins, Terraform)
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment (e.g. Pair Programming)
• Basic understanding of Visual Basic to troubleshoot, maintain and migrate existing legacy apps
• Fluent in English; Luxembourgish/German/French and any other language would be an asset, but not mandatory.
• Be part of a large multinational industry leader organization.
• A multicultural inclusive environment.
• An attractive compensation package including variable pay program.
• Competitive pension & life cover/income protection benefits.
• Flexible working solutions to balance family and career.
• Development and learning opportunities to support current needs and future aspirations.