Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures.
Software Engineer, C++
Robotics & Digital Solutions, a part of Ethicon, Inc. is recruiting for a Software Engineer. This position is located in Santa Clara, California.
- Use standard methodologies for building software under Design Control procedures for use in a medical device.
- Efficiently translate requirements into application features and document architecture and designs decisions.
- Design, develop and debug software for complex, multi-process systems.
- Design and implement client-side, server-side and database software.
- Design and implement interfaces for data exchange with other systems.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical
- Engineering (or similar degree) is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in Software Development is required.
- Experience with C/C++ software development in Linux/Unix environment is required.
- Experience writing multi-process and multi-threaded software is required.
- Experience with server-side languages is required. Such as; Python, Ruby, and PHP
- Familiarity with database technology is required. Such as; MySQL and Postgres
- This role may require up to 10% travel.
- Experience developing medical device software