Kiewit As one of North America’s largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
Entry Level Field/Office Engineer – Mass Electric Transportation
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
• Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
• May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
• A bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related degree.
• Strong work ethic — willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Experience with leadership in some capacity
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future