The role is an entry point into McKinsey Client capability network (CCN) of 3000+ colleagues across the globe and can propel your growth over the years through opportunities across different McKinsey capabilities. There is flexibility to hire at either the Junior Research Analyst or Research Analyst level, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
Junior Research Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree, MBA or equivalent in a related field (typically Economics, Business, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering etc.) is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong team orientation, professional attitude and service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- 0-3 years of relevant industry, research or analytics experience
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Perspective on local market in Brazil, particularly demographic/business/economic trends is not required but is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills English and Portuguese are mandatory. Spanish knowledge is a plus
You will thought-partner with McKinsey consultants, knowledge professionals, and clients to articulate, scope and prioritize research needs by setting them in context of business problems.
A majority of your work will be in general research and analysis covering a broad range of topics across various sectors and business functions, including data sources and client-relevant analysis. You will identify the key issues for the problem at hand and determine the most appropriate solution, effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You will perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning in order to add value to problem solving discussions.