Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU) is a world leader in providing IT solutions to the financial services industry. Oracle is the world’s largest enterprise software vendor with 286,000 global customers and USD 22.4 billion in revenue.
Entry-level consulting position for those who are new to professional services and are developing their expertise. Receives detailed instruction on routine work and on new projects or assignments.
Payments Technical Support Engineer
1. Work on a mission critical 24x7x365 Payments production support environment providing support
2. Work on trouble shooting issues, finding root cause and resolving incidents
3. Work on the underlying issues causing the incidents & contribute to problem resolution
4. Contribute to a controlled change management processes
5. Use ITIL standards based processes to achieve deliverables that meet quality expectations of oracle/client.
6. Coordinate with offshore team for various incidents, problems and changes.
Educational and Other Qualifications
Should hold a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science / Accounting / Banking / Commerce / Management.
Should be an Irish/ EEA national
Fluency in English is a must.
Should be willing to provide on call support & deployments on weekends (rotational on-call shifts)
Ability to work in a high pressure, fast moving, multi cultural and challenging environment
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices with limited autonomy. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
0 to 2 years of experience relevant to a functional or technical role. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates basic competence in one product or technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.