Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset.
Junior Contracts Engineer
• Input to and update the EPS West subcontracts plan, ensuring that it is delivered and any tendering activity is listed on the FPAL forward work plan/contracting strategies
• Coordinate Subcontractor, Vendor Registration and Vendor Due diligence
• Coordinate and ad hoc administrative departmental tasks as required
• Liaise continuously with technical teams (Well Engineering and also Logistics), clients where appropriate and sponsor departments
• Where appropriate liaise with legal, tax, insurance and compliance to obtain their input into subcontracts
• Work with the Business Services lines to negotiate Master Services Agreement subcontract terms with suppliers in line with Petrofac Best Practice and prepare justification for any significant exceptions for senior management approval
• Ensure strict confidentiality of all allocated subcontracts and ITT processes
• Prepare and issue to the selected contractors approved contracts and deal with subsequent contract amendments and Call off’s and purchase orders.
• Experience in drafting / working with contracts amendment and variation documentation
• Degree in Law, Law & Management or Quantity Surveying preferred but not essential
• Self-motivated with a strong ability to work proactively and independently against tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic team player with an open but strong working ethic
• Experience in a similar role advantageous but not essential