POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World & a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system. POWERGRID operates around 154,692 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 244 Substations (as on 31.07.2019) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 60,946 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 688 locations and intra-city network in 105 cities across India.
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in Electrical discipline through GATE 2020.
Vacancies & Reservations:
Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration. However, reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/ EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 60,000-1,80,000 during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer in the same scale.
Course: Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute
Discipline: Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
Percentage Marks: Minimum 70% or Equivalent CGPA
Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2020 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to prefinal examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing minimum 70% marks in essential qualification. Such candidates need to mention their marks up to pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID.
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2020 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2020 Organizing Body.
Post: ET (Electrical) (Corresponding GATE 2020 Paper: EE)
POWERGRID may also use the GATE 2020 scores for recruitment for other positions depending on requirement.
How to apply:
1) Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2020.
2) For details on GATE 2020, please visit http://www.gate.iitd.ac.in/
3) A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th January 2020.
4) Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15 th Jan 2020 to 15th Feb 2020. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2020 Application No., GATE 2020 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
5) SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. You are required to login to your candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
6) Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2020 Admit card and GATE 2020 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.