Royal Dutch Shell PLC, commonly known as Shell, is a British-Dutch oil and gas company headquartered in the Netherlands and incorporated in the United Kingdom. It is one of the oil and gas “supermajors” and the third-largest company in the world measured by 2018 revenues
In this Traineeship you will be trained in a few years to become a Scheduler / Planner. You start within our Maintenance department, but in fast steps you will play an increasingly important role in the implementation of planned work and continuous improvement. You are also closely involved in various projects.
After the traineeship you know the location and you have important practical experience. This gives you the opportunity to develop further within Shell.
Within the Traineeship – Planner / Scheduler you will be trained to convert the already prepared work inventory into an optimized work schedule in which you also identify relevant issues such as potential risks and / or bottlenecks on safety, quality, lead time and costs in advance and in consultation with the team (operation, maintenance, inspection, engineering, plant changes and projects).
The planner / scheduler has a very important role in the implementation of planned work and continuous improvement. You work in a team and you maintain daily contact with planners, supervisors, crafts, inspection, plant change and project organization and contractors in order to obtain all the information required to schedule work.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the following activities are also part of the Scheduler’s duties:
• Facilitate an annual maintenance schedule session for the following years. This in collaboration with operations, maintenance and projects;
• Facilitate monthly Long-Term Planning Consultation (LTPO) where it revolves around following up and updating the previously agreed annual plan and associated actions;
• To facilitate a Short-Term Planning Consultation (KTPO) on a weekly basis, coordinating all planned maintenance in detail; small stops, projects, plant changes and other activities within a maintenance team for the coming 2 weeks;
• Facilitate the Daily Planning Consultation (DTPO) whereby we look back at what was planned for that day and was actually carried out when looking ahead to the next day;
• Daily updating of the schedule based on coordination with all contractors, including operation, inspection, workplaces and contractors with regard to;
o Availability of the equipment to be worked on,
o Machines, such as cranes that must be used,
o Resources, materials and the method by which a job must be carried out
Are you a communicative skillful team player / with persuasiveness who is able to perform under pressure?
Then Shell offers you the opportunity to develop yourself within this traineeship on a personal and technical level.
Do you have the following qualifications and approximately 1 year of work experience? Then we are looking for you.
• At least a technical college degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Technology or Electrical Engineering
• Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.