Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms”.
Software Development Engineer
- You will be helping us evolve AbeBooks’ client-facing product and server-side systems.
- You’re an engineer with experience in designing, developing, and supporting multiple software intensive systems.
- Freshers/New Graduates with relevant co-op experience are welcome. You will be successful if you:
- Have a strong sense of ownership and customer focus
- Care about code quality and readability
- Are comfortable working with data structures as much as discussing software development
- processes with your peers
- Get inspired by collecting product and system metrics, and by proposing improvements
- Persevere when troubleshooting build, deployment or live issues
- Take code review feedback gracefully and provide your feedback with abundance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with an object oriented programming language
- Experience working with AWS.
- Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Java: Experience and knowledge creating enterprise applications with automated builds, deployments, and operating domains.
- Java/Linux technology stack: Experience and knowledge of application servers, spring framework, the web tier and shell scripting.
- Automated Testing, Test-driven Development, debugging, troubleshooting, and optimizing code: advanced experience and knowledge
- Experience with any of the big data technology stack like Cascading, Spark, Scala, Solr/Lucene, Hadoop is a plus.