Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Full Stack Developer
As a Barclays full stack developer within the Equities and Funds Structures Direct technology team, you will be working with the EFS Structured Products within the Equity Derivatives business. As part of the wider Markets Execution team you will be primarily focused on development for the Front Office Sales, working closely with Trading, Structuring and Middle Office. We have an excellent delivery track record and work on both revenue generating and regulatory projects.
• Developing high quality maintainable code
• You will be responsible for technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain
• Collaborating and communicating globally with other developers to build technical solutions
• Adhering to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role – outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training
• Technology driven as 100% hands-on with 80% development and 20% level 2 support
• Experience developing application in Core Java for general server side development
• Agile experience (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
• Previous experience writing Oracle PL/SQL code is an advantage
• Any knowledge of HTTP protocol and web services would be helpful
• Previous experience providing support and resolving production issues is preferred
• Any experience of cross-region teams and projects is an advantage