Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. . We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals.
Safety Engineer Pipeline
1. Provides input on bid decisions, proposal development, and estimates (scope, constraints, schedules, budgets) with respect to integration and compliance with safety requirements.
2. Provides technical support to safety studies, health assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
3. Coordinates appropriate consideration of safety requirements with subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel as assigned.
4. Provides safety technical support and assistance to projects and coordinates safety requirements and formulation of risk reduction measures with project-assigned safety personnel, engineering, construction and onsite ES&H representatives during construction.
5. Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
6. Drafts comprehensive ES&H plans, project specific risk reduction plans, safety awareness training programs, and technical reports.
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.