Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity.
Project Controls Supervisor
Supervises cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supervises schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification, and recovery plan development activities. Supervises the preparation and presentation of estimates. Supports project organizational and administrative activities. Identifies, analyzes, and provides innovative solutions to cost and planning/scheduling problems. Provides generally non-routine cost engineering/planning and scheduling guidance to projects. Responsible for the development, execution, and management of all facets of a staffed Project Execution Risk Management (PERM) program.
. Identifies cost trends and schedule impacts for management attention.
. Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks/cost presentations.
. Prepares and presents cost engineering/estimating/planning and scheduling information to management/client.
. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, and cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, financial reporting systems, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present cost engineering and cost estimating products.
- This includes planning and scheduling products independently with minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design and construction practices.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of understanding of general Project Controls technical skills.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in delivery, communication, and training of risk processes and procedures.