BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
2021 Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) – Graduate Developer
The Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) is a pipeline to recruit, develop, and retain high-potential entry-level technology professionals who are prepared and positioned to contribute to the successful execution of BNY Mellon’s technology strategy and initiatives. The 2021 S.E.T.U.P program will begin in Summer 2021.
• Provides application software development services or technical support in relatively straightforward projects. Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle. Prepares and executes test plan and test data and records test results.
• According to standard procedures writes new programs, working with basic application system designs and specifications and utilizing standard procedures and techniques. May create database queries used to retrieve data from data warehouse and performs data calculations, consolidation, and summarization. May also work on front end development. Creates additional logic leveraging standard report writer functions or application coding. Formats report output according to standard procedures
• Designs and codes programs. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs as necessary. Documents installation and operating procedures.
• Independently codes and then interfaces with senior level developers/architects to code, test and implement application programs
• Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
• To be eligible, you will be required to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree.
• Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
• Previous technology internship is a plus
• You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.