Boeing is looking for a Structural Analysis Engineer to join the Commercial Military Derivative Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) team in Tukwila, WA which creates and manages structural integrity programs for Boeing FAA-certified commercial derivative military aircraft.
The team is looking to add an entry level structural analysis engineer to support structural integrity and sustainment programs for a variety of military platforms and customers in a broad customer facing environment. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
Structural Analysis Engineer
Performs basic structural analysis tasks using well defined analysis tools to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
Performs stress analysis, durability analysis, and damage tolerance analysis for aircraft structure
Tests and executes Individual Aircraft Tracking (IAT) software tools
Analyzes aircraft usage and structural condition data
Prepares ASIP routine usage and condition reports
Education & Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a structural, mechanical, or aeronautical engineering role.
Bachelors of Science or Masters degree from an ABET accredited program is required.
- 1+ years of experience using Matlab.
- Knowledge of structural repair principles (e.g., fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials
- strength, material characteristics, repair techniques)
- Knowledge of structural repair, overhaul, nondestructive inspection, corrosion control, and composites
- Knowledge of Boeing Commercial durability and damage tolerance principles and methodology
- Knowledge of aircraft structural integrity programs
- Experience with military aircraft and defense programs
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and project management
- Experience using Microsoft SQL
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.