Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions location in Sidney, OH has a newly available opportunity for you to consider! As a Project Engineer, you will support new product development of HVAC products including, but not limited to, single and multi-capacity refrigerant compressors. You will be responsible for the evaluation, maturation, and development of new design technologies to improve efficiency, reduce cost, improve reliability, and enable incremental value for customer applications. In addition to this, you will provide engineering direction and execution of projects into full production while working in a cross-functional team-orientated environment with local and global colleagues.
Provide thought leadership, critical thinking & inquisitive mindset to lead global development teams through Technology development.
Support internal / external customers and global cross-functional colleagues by communicating technical and project milestones & updates.
Develop mastery of existing calculators and engineering tools as well as facilitation of creation of new design and analysis tools as needed/appropriate.
Analyze & quantify value vs applied cost of compression technologies for system development.
Apply high degree of independent engineering knowledge to lead cross functional efforts in technical development and problem solving.
Conceive and execute development and testing plans based with a mindset towards risk mitigation, and coordinate with appropriate resources for timely execution.
Apply and support the incorporation of Lean principles and techniques into the New Product Development process.
- You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams.
- You keep in touch with internal and external customers.
- You encourage open dialogue to discuss alternative perspectives.
- You convert ideas into actions and produce results with new initiatives.
- You encourage healthy conflict and seek cooperative relationships.
- You drill down to root causes to gather relevant information.
- You manage uncertainty with confidence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent plus one (1) year of applicable experience (Co-op/Internship experience may be considered)
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments
- Legal authorization to work in the United States unrestricted for an unlimited period of time –
- Sponsorship will not be provided for this role