Cummins is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products. Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology.
Customer Engineering Entry Level Full Time Positions
- Investigates integration and installation problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as Installation Quality Assurance, OEM integration and product selection and tools such as Advisor, Cummins OnLine Specifications (COLS) and Global Customer Engineering (GCE) required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input and negotiates with Subject Matter Experts and Value Package Introduction (VPI) Teams and delivers product data and installation requirements to Application Engineers and OEMs.
- Makes decisions in the areas of product selection, design, and integration that impact OEM machine performance, optimization and quality.
- Develops strong working relationships with customer technical counterparts to serve as their primary liaison to deliver product technical information, manage product specifications, communicate product change information, conduct installation issue resolutions and facilitate customer requests.
- Applies in-depth product, application and market knowledge to support Original Equipment
- Manufacturer product selection and equipment design.
- Translates customer needs and “voice of the customer” into functional product requirements.
- Serves as customer/market advocate inside Cummins during participation in new product development programs, design reviews and product change request processes.
- Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor’s, Master’s
- Major Programs Typically Considered: All Engineering Majors
- College, university or equivalent technical experience required
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- 0-2 years in a position/internship relating to your field of study preferred