ExxonMobil is one of the world’s largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, providing energy that helps underpin growing economies and improve living standards around the world. ExxonMobil uses innovation and technology to deliver energy to a growing world.
An SAP Back-end Developer creates applications and data models on various SAP platforms. They require knowledge of the ABAP programming language, SAP development tools, and how developments are organized and transported.
- In collaboration with functional teams, gather and understand user requirements
- Back-end development on SAP platforms, which in most of the cases relies on ABAP but could be other languages as well
- On occasions, work on front end development efforts on SAP Platforms, which could also require expertise on ABAP and SAPUI5
- Deploy code through the development workflow with managing QA steps
- Responsible for designing, developing, and supporting various new and existing SAP application backend development
- Maintaining awareness of industry best practices and standards, etc.
- This role will be asked to help contribute to maturing development processes and assisting teammates
- They will have to both collaborate with the team on larger features as well as work independently on smaller ones.
- Understand technical frameworks and landscape in order to provide explanations of various software alternatives
- Ensure business requirements are included and appropriately tested
- Steward engagement progress to stakeholders & discuss scope change and impact regularly (requirements management)
- Write clean, concise, robust and well-documented code
- Write modular and testable code, practice object oriented ABAP
- Strong understanding of unit testing
- ABAP Programming and modularization techniques, internal tables
- ABAP Dictionary, data types
- Dynamic programming
- Database updates: understanding how to program change transactions in SAP
- Performance Tuning: how to analyze and optimize performance problems