ExxonMobil is looking for graduate engineers who are passionate in driving improvement and looking to build a long term career in the exciting project management discipline. A successful candidate should demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills, enthusiasm to collaborate with or lead a diverse team, and ability to create clarity in a fast changing environment.
Project Engineers – Singapore
• Delivers competitive project(s) in line with corporate, local and global processes or requirement.
• Leads and directs team members from various functions / disciplines, inclusive of business, manufacturing and others to ensure timely inputs and supports on the project execution
• Proactively anticipates project issues and executes/stewards appropriate actions to resolution.
• Supports the transition between project stages, ensuring compliance with ExxonMobil standards and processes.
• Lead implementation (or play a key role in verifying and validating implementation) of safety processes and procedures that ensure Project Safety Plan and existing site SSHE expectations are met during project execution
• Engage in execution plans, SSHE Plan (if applicable) and contracting / procurement strategies development and implementation
• Monitor and appraise Contractor(s)’ organization, planning, execution and controls, and drives improvement plans to close gaps in performance
• Supports procurement activities, including in some cases, materials requisitioning and expediting
• Responsible for contractor administration activities e.g. review of contracts and to support the preparation and negotiation of contracts
• Responsible for project close-out and turnover to the operational organization
• An engineering degree from a recognized university
• Active in extracurricular activities that showcase strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
• Ability to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Good command of English both written and spoken
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-changing environment
• Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills