Honeywell International Inc. is an American company that is a publicly traded, multinational conglomerate. Honeywell is now headquartered in Charlotte, At Honeywell, we are blending physical products with software solutions to link people and businesses to the information they need to be more efficient, more productive, and more connected. We have a real passion for the place where
Data Engineering Intern
• Technologies for connected buildings improving comfort and energy efficiency
• The world’s most advanced cockpits, jet engines, auxiliary power units, turbochargers, along with their efficient maintenance
• Refining and petrochemicals process technologies and controls
• Voice-automated systems
• Personal protective equipment for connected workers
Your time with Honeywell could be spent in any of the following ways:
• Extracting, transforming, and loading data in preparation for analysis
• Engineering features incorporating domain expertise and statistical aggregations
• Developing and evaluating statistical inference models based on those features, solving a costumer’s problem.
• Deploying analytic solutions to production platforms, ready to be used in one of Honeywell’s products or services.
Our teams live by the ‘teach and learn’ mantra. We value our more seasoned data scientists because they bring added value to our company by using their years of experience to guide the next generation. We also value you, our young talent. We’ll assign you a mentor on day one, so you can take advantage of this amazing learning opportunity. We want you to finish your internship with a much better understanding of the data science field and Honeywell. We know you’ll be a better data scientist by the time this internship ends!
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline at an
accredited college or university
• Have completed at least your first year of a college or university
• Minimum 85% course average (3.7 GPA)
• Be familiar with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, MatLab, Java, or C++
• Some frameworks we use are: Jupyter, RStudio, Flask, OpenCPU
• Some of the tools we use include Git, Docker, Bamboo, and more
• Some of the databases we use are: Hive, SQL, Dremio, and Druid to name a few
• Insatiable appetite for learning new technologies
• Committed pursuit of innovative solutions