IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations,
Technical Support Engineer – Cloud
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to provide technical assistance to customers using the existing knowledge base, through problem determination/troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- You’ll work with customers to help them resolve their technical issues or queries, which may
include being on-call some holidays/weekends to serve our clients as part of a 24×7 follow-the-sun (FTS) program
- You’ll prioritize issues and negotiate with clients as to relative priority.
- You’ll communicate action plans to the customer and as necessary and appropriate coordinate them with other internal IBM teams (Operations, Management, Development)
- You’ll set-up test cases and reproduce complex customer environments
- You’ll create or enhance knowledge assets for the knowledge base (how-to guides, technical notes, or similar)
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for customer success and learning new technologies.
- You have an attitude of quality, diligence, and thoroughness
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are great at solving complex technical problems, debugging as well as recognizing and prioritizing
- critical tasks independently
- You are familiar with an agile development methodology
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
Container & orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker), Cloud,
Concept of Business Intelligence, OLAP, cubes and DW
Familiarity with Relational databases (on-premise and Cloud) such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
Familiarity with security methods – OIDC, ADFS, Kerberos, SSO, SSL, etc.
Application tier and web tier technologies