Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational corporation founded in 1886 that develops medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer packaged goods.
The NPD ENGINEER I reports to the Engineering Manager, identifies and develops internal areas of opportunities through the DMAIIC methodology and tools of Excellency in processes with the purpose of reducing the manufacturing cost of the products and continue with the culture of continuous improvement comprehended in the strategy of BWI.
NPD ENGINEER I
• Identifies, designs and develops the necessary equipment.
• Performs material and process evaluations.
• Studies the processes to implement improvements.
• Responsible for purchasing and designing equipment that meets safety and environment requirements.
• Performs activities of process/product validation.
• Ensures that the changes of Engineering align with the regulations and procedures related to safety, environment and health.
Ensures generating the training and certifications necessary for employees assigned to related areas with the equipment subject to lock programs, security guards for equipment, ventilation and extractors.
• Consults with supervisors and/or other engineers about problems and development issues.
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
• A minimum of BS in Engineering, any specialty
• A minimum of Co-ops and Internship experience
• Knowledge of SPC, Design of Experiments and Statistical Procedures.
• Oral and written communication in English. Spanish
• An estimate of travel up to 10% may be required.
• Will be required to work in a clean‑room environment.