Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset.
Technical Safety Engineer
• Provide input to and in cases facilitate HAZID, HAZOP and SIL studies; provide specialist expertise to asset/project teams in relation to major accident hazards, QRA, safety critical elements and performance standards;
• Provide technical support to ensure that Petrofac Duty Holder Safety Cases are maintained to a consistently high standard.
• Where appropriate, engage with and support external consultants & contractors to carry out specialist studies, to ensure delivery of quality safety engineering support in all relevant areas;
• Develop and progress Audit plan to ensure compliance with procedures, policy
• and legal requirements.
• When called upon, participate in accident incident investigation, employing appropriate recognized techniques, to ensure root causes are identified and remedial actions implemented;
• Maintain awareness of relevant new I emerging regulations and support any consultation processes, to ensure Company is well positioned to manage any impact;
• Provide advocacy in relation to technical safety improvements and deployment of new tools and techniques, to ensure good engineering practice is maintained and to promote continuous improvement as demanded by the company’s management systems.
• Form part of the Emergency Response Team as required by company
• emergency response procedures
• Good engineering or science degree or qualifications of similar level
• Knowledge and experience of major hazards operations and assurance, particularly within the oil and gas industry.
• Offshore experience with certification desirable
• Knowledge of relevant standards, practices and regulations, with emphasis on those applicable within the UK.
• Extensive experience of the application of safety engineering tools and techniques, particularly relating to offshore operations.
• Awareness of commercial and cost control issues
• Effective communicator at all levels and with external parties and demonstrates assertiveness.