At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances.
• Ensuring all SLA’s are met as per defined timelines
• Daily reconciliations and Breaks Management as per defined delinquency period of the accounts
• Ensuring adherence to the AO&R Policy & GL Controls Framework;
• Journal Processing and Risk reporting as defined in SOP/ALP’s
• Preparing reconciliation templates and discussing open items with the respective stakeholders for timely clearance.
• Providing appropriate information for ongoing reconciliation/Management Information activities;
• Compliance with all applicable policies, principles and procedures.
• Collate & Analyse financial data from various reports & System.
• Analytical skills to make meaningful inferences.
• Supporting change projects as and when required
• Ensure compliance to all SOX & OR Controls
• Conduct conference calls and mange Customer expectations
• Identify areas for improvement. Adds value and improves customer service
• Focus on developing and implementing best practice
• Challenges Status-quo
• Minimum B.Com Graduation Degree / MBA (Finance)/Post Graduation/CA Inter qualification or Relevant experience in F&A Domain, preferably in reconciliations
• Good basic accounting skills
• Good communication skills
• Good reconciliations process understanding
• Card industry knowledge will be an added advantage