Siemens AG is a German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad.
Service Specialist – Smart Buildings/Automation – Level I – San Diego, CA
· Diagnose and repair routine electronic control system malfunctions.
· Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
· Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
· Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems.
· Keep customers informed of the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
· Promote the sale of add-on work.
· Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards.
· Report problems or changes to management immediately.
· May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
· Deliver manuals and documentation to customers for training. Support the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
· Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, and punch lists.
· High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
· Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred
· Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
· Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
· Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
· Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
· Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
· Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States