Turner Construction is an American construction company with presence in 20 countries. It is a subsidiary of the German company HOCHTIEF. It is the largest domestic contractor in the United States as of 2019, with a revenue of $11.77 billion in 2017
Engineering Assistant – NY Business Unit – 2021
- Involved in engineering and administration of projects, in the Special Projects Division (SPD) or in other Business Unit departments.
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of shop drawings, product data and samples.
- Assist in the communication of this information across all levels of the project team.
- Assist in managing other aspects of communication including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assist in preparing estimates for changes in the work including review of Change Order requests from subcontractors.
- Study contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of contract documents, electronic web-based documents and project logs.
- Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties.
- Assist engineering to ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of final records for the project including close-out documents, Operations/Maintenance (OM) Manuals, etc.
- If assigned to another Business Unit department, will perform the requisite duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of four years of college with formal engineering or architectural training or equivalent building construction experience and summer internship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable.
- Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications also desirable. Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
- Must be in the graduating class between December 2019 and August 2021.
- This position is for a start date between March 2021 and November 2021.