Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. This is a key role within the Well Engineering Software Team, working primarily on the commercially available core project management and assurance web application, Turus. The team is Aberdeen-based (currently working from home due to Covid-19) however we would consider remote applicants.
• Become an integral part of a growing team, collaborating with your colleagues to develop, deliver and support a variety of web-based software solutions.
• Get involved in the full software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, design and implementation, through to testing, deployment, maintenance, and support.
• Deliver bespoke software solutions using a range of modern technologies and platforms, from desktop applications and services to web and cloud solutions and Microsoft Office suite.
• Learn and follow our software engineering standards, procedures and best practices and provide suggestions for continuous improvements.
• Help deploy software applications and systems and provide training to end users when required.
• Be part of an excellent working environment, collaborating with technical experts across various domains and disciplines to produce software of the highest quality standards
• Understands the business needs, providing advice and input into data & systems and technical decisions.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline (BSc/MSc)
• SQL Server T-SQL
• C# .NET framework
• MVC design concept
• Self-motivated, reliable, hard-working, collaborative team-player
• Excellent multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
• Technically minded with analytical and logical problem-solving skills
• Creative with strong communication skills
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
• Mobile development
• Microsoft Azure platform
• UI/UE design
• Business Intelligence solutions