Amazon India is seeking world class DevOps Engineers for their Platform Development team located in Bangalore. The ideal candidate is expected to provide quality first-tier systems and event management for the global technical operations of various customer facing systems. Amazon DevOps Engineer are expected to build or enhance their own tools, develop and operate best practices, and always think and act proactively and innovatively.
A degree in Computer Science or at least one years relevant experience in a large-scale online technical operations environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate efficient and effective interaction with peers and customers
Effective organisational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
Confidence to initiate, drive and manage company-wide conference calls
Strong knowledge of the computer science fundamentals and good understanding of multi tiered software systems
Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
He/she will have experience working in a busy online operations environment and have previously participated in operational support for at least one large-scale enterprise environment.
A strong knowledge of the Linux operating system is required in addition to a passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technologies, particularly open source technologies.
· Get there first; be the first to detect and diagnose service impacting events
· Provide critical technical support, incident response and incident management to seller experience internal customers to include monitoring and management of communications during high impact events (via conference calls utilizing an established Event Management process) and close collaboration with level-two and level-three resolvers
· Drive down mean time to resolution for all incident types
· Automate select systems administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
· Automate various system configuration and maintenance tasks
· Troubleshoot Application issues
· Website and corporate load balancer configuration and troubleshooting