If you are a Technologist looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson Automation Solutions has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Charlottesville, VA location, you will be working with Lead Controls/Automation Engineers to successfully design, develop, manufacture, program, test, install and commission Industrial Controls and Automation Systems using PLCs/PACs based controllers. As a Technologist,
Automation and Controls Technologist
- Participates in the creation of design/specifications – low/medium complexity with assistance.
- Participates in the implementation of design specifications – low to medium complexity according to documented standards.
- Builds and develops standard function blocks/programs for customer projects based on Control
- Narratives and participates in customer validation of modular blocks for the project.
- Participates in development of Control and Monitoring applications/programs based on Functional
- Specifications according to client approved documentation.
- Participates in various site surveys at customer facilities to review and as-built design/engineering information to validate work scope based on assigned project documentation.
- Develops/maintains and updates electronic documentation using Computed based Design Tools based on customer requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Two-year Degree/Diploma in Technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Good programming skills and Computer Aided Design/Drafting skills
- Knowledge of Programming Languages and experience with Programming PLCs/PACs
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic industrial electrical controls circuitry AC and DC
- Must be able to read, understand and explain basic electrical prints and diagrams
- Must have demonstrated working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with customers.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation specifically PLCs/PACs/Drives/DCS
- Must be able to travel 70%+
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 1-year Industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated organizational skills