John Deere a Fortune 500 company, is making use of the latest technological breakthroughs to produce exceptional equipment and provide first-class customer service. We’re the world’s leading provider of advanced products and services for agriculture and forestry and a major provider of advanced products and services for construction, lawn and turf care, landscaping and irrigation.
As a Supply Management Development Employee you will rotate through two 18 month assignments in different areas of Supply Management. During the 3 year program you will:
Supply Management Development Program 2021a
- Execute Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyzing quotations, and make supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time and supplier stability.
- Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals.
- Resolve shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Participate in implementation of resourcing activities and make versus buy decisions.
- Collect industry data and performs limited supplier/industry analysis; makes recommendations for course of action based on findings.
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the Supply Base utilizing Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Supply Management, Production Operation Management,
- Distribution Management, Production Planning, Purchasing, Transportation/Logistics, or related degree. Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations.
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors.
- Knowledge of supply management systems, processes and practices.
- Ability to gather and analyze data.
- Willing to travel and relocate to any John Deere location in the U.S.
- Must be able to relocate domestically. Assignments can be at various locations throughout the United States.