At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We don’t just create products – we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Software Developer – Instructional Applications
- System programming experience with daemons, frameworks, multithreading, and IPC/XPC.
- Experience with SW engineering best practices: Test Driven Development, Code Reviews, Agility
- Team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and ready to work with a diverse team.
- Highly professional, self driven, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Migrating existing core Objective-C app and framework code to Swift and SwiftUI.
- Developing and enhancing the apps, frameworks, and daemons that other teams will leverage to deliver timely relevant contextual instructional content.
- Working closely with data scientists, privacy engineers, and others to design instrumentation that is privacy-friendly, meets business requirements, and scales well.
- Providing architectural guidance, technical support, and engineering expertise to teams across the Software organization that are using our software.
- Performing code reviews on PRs from team members in a timely and thorough manner.
- Previous experience writing and maintaining applications, frameworks, daemons, libraries, unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests.
- Solid analytical skills and debugging experience.
- BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of JSON, HTTP, TCP, SSL, networking, and integrations with web services
- Understanding of threading and Cross-Process Communication
- Keen sense of how to build robust frameworks and APIs
- An commitment to refactoring code into reusable components and enjoy helping others use those components
- Previous experience in writing and debugging complex frameworks